Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Going back to my roots/Un pas en arrière...




In an effort to find myself again, I went back to making ornate pendants. I started making these after buying a fabulous tutorial from Eni Oken (the only tutorial I ever bought on wire-wrapping), and now I mix her technique with classic cabochon wrapping methods. Very satisfying to make, very versatile design, suits a multitude of stone shapes, all in under 3 hours. Baaaargain.



J’essaye de me retrouver, et je suis repartie vers les pierres hyper décorées que je faisait au tout début de mon aventure avec la méthode wire-wrapped, apprise grâce à un tutoriel d’Eni Oken (le seul tutoriel de wire-wrapping que j’ai acheté). Maintenant, je peux mixer sa technique avec la méthode classique pour sertir un cabochon – bien que ces pierres sur les photos soient percées… J’adore les faire, c’est un design qui s’adapte à beaucoup de types de pierres, le tout en moins de 3 heures. Le pied.

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Zoomed in on your photos - it is just so neat. Such intricate designs and all so even and precise. Keep those roots.