Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Chainmaille




I've tried chainmaille today for the first time and had a WHALE of a time! I thoroughly recommend it! Check out http://www.mailleartisans.org/ for tons of fantastic FREE tutorials, articles and info on this ancient technique (weaving jumprings)! I made the jump rings from scratch, friction-burnt a couple of fingertips in my frenzy, and was totally amazed with the results! The weave started up as a 'quarter persian', to which I added a ringto every 2, my first chain was way too floppy... Aujourd'hui j'ai essayé quelque chose de nouveau... oh, nouveau pour moi, mais la technique est hyper ancienne: chainmaille! Les chaines sont faites d'anneaux de jonction uniquement. Je me suis amusée comme une petite folle! Visitez leur website http://www.mailleartisans.org/ où vous trouverez des tutoriels GRATUITS, ainsi que des articles et des infos. J'ai coupé les anneaux moi-meme, (Ah, mes doigts, je ne les sens plus...)...Que pensez-vous du résultat?

No comments: